Welcome to our website !

Two genders Two Tails

This blog is undergoing some changes

The Appointment, The Path And A Trip To A&E

By 23:20 , , , , , , , , , ,

Hey all!

Would like to wish everyone Happy Valentine’s day.

In my last post I blog about that I have decided that I will transition to female but when the time was right and I was ready. This week has not been great for how I felt about my gender all week I was feeling uncomfortable in my body where at one point I just got a glimpse of myself in the mirror as I was getting ready for work and I ended up having a panic attack at how uncomfortable I was in my body and how I was presenting.

At that moment I knew that the time would come sooner than I thought, on Friday I booked an appointment with my GP and have decided to take the steps to transition, I’ve always been one to push the boundaries but also to listen to my body and mind and if it’s saying that I’m female then I guess that is who I am, So as of Friday 12th February I came to my senses and booked my appointment with my GP for Wednesday 17th February and hopefully if all goes well I will be referred to a GIC (gender) clinic where I know there will be a waiting list to be seen (not sure how long) but that is even if my GP refers me straight away. I’m not sure what the steps are I just know going to your GP is the first.
As I should be

If all goes well I be blogging and might even vlog about my journey so it will be interesting to see what effects everything will have on me and how I will deal with situations.

Hospital (In brief)
On the same day as I booked my appointment to see my GP about my gender I was tired and not feeling the best but it was at 11:30pm where I became unwell and 15 minutes later where I started to vomit. At first I thought nothing of it and assumed it was my IBS kicking off or something I’d eaten. I had to run to the loo again and was wrenching… Again thinking the same thing, only again to be back to the loo vomiting for a 3rd time but this time after I finished and looked in the loo all I saw was blood.
The Drip

This concerned me extremely and rang 111 (UK non-emergency number) after giving details to them they were concerned and said for me to get to hospital when I can, unfortunately I can’t drive so it would have meant for me to get there impossible. The pain to come back while on the phone to them and ended up falling to the floor in pain for them to say that they needed to send an ambulance to me. As I waited for the ambulance I continued to vomit and luckily for me it was the last time that night, the paramedic arrived and assessed me accordingly and only moved me when I was slightly more comfortable and within no time I was at A&E in Wigan this was around 3am.
A rare picture of me presenting as my male self on the hospital bed

A&E wasn’t busy so I was quickly assessed and moved into a room where I was hooked up to a machine to checked for my heart rate, a drip (Omeprazole) was then given to me and other things I have no idea about, my bloods was taken which the results was given back all clear a couple of hours later. During my 3 hours stay I managed to get around an hours’ rest. The biggest issue for me was the pain subsided after I was last sick just before the paramedics arrived and I felt like I was wasting their time as for the whole time I just felt uncomfortable in my stomach, but with vomiting blood better to be safe than sorry. It turned out I had torn my oesophagus and something else which I forgot what the doctor said, after that at 6.15am I was allowed to go home and given a 7-day course of Omeprazole but as tablets. Even after the lack of sleep, vomiting blood and the crap time I had I still did a few hours at work… How stupid am I.
All wired up

I would like to thank the paramedics who came they was awesome and all the staff at Wigan A&E. I would like to thank all NHS staff in general as I think they’re underpaid and undervalued and should be treated with more respect that what they get.

Thank you and respect you all  

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment