Welcome to our website !

Two genders Two Tails

This blog is undergoing some changes

Pronouns

By 00:14 , , , , , , , , , , , ,



Hey all!
I Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a fab New Year!
This post is I supposed long overdue but I decided to leave as long as possible. The thing is with me is that I’ve never been out where there are loads of people as female except on the Christmas eve last year and it was magical and I will never forget the awesome people that was there, since then it’s been mainly on my own or with my friends that I’m close to or my dad and that is it, so it never hit me until I went out with my work colleagues from the new job I’ve been in for the last 3 months. As we know in August I wasn’t well, lost my job, lost weight etc and I had to look for a new job even though I was still unfit to work.

After working at my work place for such a short time I felt that I was working with good people and I came out to them, they was supportive understanding also they asked questions and still do sometimes which I love. I love when people question me as I get the chance to tell them how it affects me and how it affects other people. I see it as I’m educating them about the whole gender issue. Most people have heard of Transgender, crossdressers, transvestites and drag queens but with most people never heard of Bi-Gender, so this is a great opportunity for me to tell them about it if they wanted to know. About two weeks before the crew Christmas outing I came out to my boss and asked would she have an issue if I went to the crew do as female which she didn’t have a problem.
The people I work with for me are that awesome when it came to the crew do recently I decided not fight how I felt who I was at the time so I decided to go as female, and it was awesome I was treated as female and it was fun to go out to my first what I think formal event as female. I never told my boss my name as female which was totally my mistake but when she called me by my male name she was corrected not by me but my colleagues and to be honest I don’t really want to call them colleagues I will just awesome people hopefully down the line… friends.

Anyway, I had a great time and I achieved so much such as I ordered my first drink as female, I went to my first meal as female at a restaurant. The first time I’ve presented as female to people that I currently work with, which I think is huge, the last time I went out where there was loads of people where I interacted with was last year on Christmas Eve almost a year In between. I took a few pictures but due to night out being work related I feel it won’t be the best to post pictures of me with other people in case they clash with work but I have got pictures of just me on the night.
I would like to thank the awesome people I work with for your support and understand and making my night out amazing it was great I was allowed to be who I want to be and not out trapped feeling uncomfortable.
At The Fat Olive Restaurant 

Pronouns

Right onto what the post is about which is pronouns. They can be used to talk about someone’s gender (and much more, but talking gender wise)
*Big tip: if you’re not sure what to call someone ASK*
A Trans* person should not get offend if you ask, people that I’ve spoken to would rather you ask if you’re unsure. If you should make a mistake just apologise and move on it happens.

Male
Female


His
Hers
Him
her
he
she
Himself
herself

There are more but as basics these are the ones to uses. You should call the person and treat the person you’re talking to as there presenting. This for me isn’t out of respect as for me it has to be earned and it’s about giving courtesy treating them as human being. I don’t want to be treated special if I’m present as female and I don’t want to be treated differently also, I just want to be treated like a normal girl because that’s what I am.

Pronouns was never important to me as I never went out, it was mainly just me and the cat or me and my Dad or me and one of my friends. So pronouns don’t get used really. When I was out with my awesome people from work they used them correctly, and I think they had fun correcting each other for mistakes that was made from others also. I doesn’t offend me that people call me by my male name or female name or get the pronouns wrong as I don’t present as female to people really that I don’t know very well, but I don’t ask people to respect me either I want people to treat me as they want to be treated regardless of gender, and I don’t expect people to just straight away adapt and start to call me by my female name (Sarah) and use the correct pronouns. I know some people that are Trans* go mental and for me that’s wrong you have to let people adapt to the change before you say anything. For me I like them to be comfortable around me first and getting mad over something small isn’t going to help.

On my Christmas night out being called Sarah and with the right pronouns that was used I felt great because I was being treated as a girl, when I heard people shouting Sarah it was actually weird in a great way because I don’t hear the name coming from other people. The only time I hear it is when people are talking to me as male in 3rd person, asking me questions like: “does Sarah like this? Does Sarah like that? So hearing that was weird and I loved it. So I’m sure if you treat a Trans* person like that with the right pronouns and names you will make their day and bring a smile on their face as it did with me.

Thanks for reading

Sarah


xx

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment