Welcome to our website !

Two genders Two Tails

This blog is undergoing some changes

Nails! Nails! Nails! Primark PS

By 19:42 , , , , , , ,

Nails! Nails! Nails! : Primark PS

Image from Burst Design

Hi guys!

So, we are back again and this is another nails post which is all about Primark. As of the last few years, Primark has decided to go into the makeup/beauty side of their market with their PS range.  The PS range took off to my knowledge in 2016, I was in a makeup group which at that time was 10,000 strong which now has over 70,000. Around the summer of 2016 people soon started to talk about Primark’s makeup range and people were doing GRWM (Get Ready With Me) lives around Primark's makeup range and even doing half a face with high-end brands and the other with the PS range from Primark’s, the foundation from Primark was summed up as the dupe from Estee Lauder’s Double Wear. The nails also got great reviews but up to this point I have never tested any of the PS range and now that is about to change.

Like the last review not being full times as female and me being the person that is laid back where I cannot be bothered listening to people bitch at me for being a lad wearing false nails the test will be like the last for the Elegant Touch nails and conducted within my home. This test is based off wearing these on a normal day doing general things such as:

*Playing on a console with a controller
*Flushing the toilet (this is important)
*Using a zip
*Putting on footwear
*Typing on a keyboard and using a mouse
*Washing up
*Putting clothes in the washing machine
*Opening bottled drink

You might be thinking, Why these things for stick on nails? Why not have acrylics done?
Well, you’re right, but there are people out there that wear these types of nails on a day to day basis and don’t like acrylics for many reasons. One of these is because acrylic nails can mess your nails up and make them go soft and is a more semi-permanent solution. The biggest for me is because I’m not full time as a female and with these, so fake tempory nails from Primark means I can remove them easier and quicker. A big reason for most for not having acrylics done is because if they snap they can take your actual nail with it.

For the first test, I went for matt finishes as I had the gloss with the Elegant Touch and also, I find it hard to get a basic design with them compared to Primark’s PS nail range which has loads. Anyway, let’s start!

Primark PS Squareletto


We will start with the first pair of nails from the Primark’s PS Range. I started with the Squareletto. They're different to the Elegant touch that I had because there wasn’t round which I was told is better to use a keyboard with as they wouldn't be slipping off when I type on the keyboard. I loved that these almost covered my thumb which most nails don’t really cover them…. Damn my small man hands


I went a plain matt colour to which I also bought these in the matt black also. For £1.00 they weren’t bad. They were comfy on, they were great for typing on my keyboard and it wasn’t hard to use on zips and I think they look good on also… HOWEVER

They felt incredibly cheap which I suppose for a quid you can’t expect loads from. The nails would bend easy and this might be debatable but when I was taking the lid off a bottle of Pepsi the thumb just pinged off! Like I was shocked as I didn’t touch the bottle with the nail? Did I use enough Glue? I have no idea but anyway it came off. The biggest issue that did my head in was and a big tip for you guys is to have a nail file handy as they were sharp and you could tell at the tips where they were cut and these would need to be filled down. Also, I didn’t take pics of the black ones because they failed from putting them on. They snapped when glueing them on to my nails and has no flex at all. I love the matte finish but not on nails as they show up any oils transferred from the skin etc and the biggest thing is and I suppose this could happen with any nail but if you don't put the right amount of glue on and it comes to flushing a toilet where you have to press down on them you might be trying to catch your nail (example picture below). For £1 they’re good for the money but to be honest I wouldn’t bother.

Yeah, I caught my nail on this and it came flying off.

Elegant Touch Polish

I was going to conclude this review there but after I was given tips on Instagram I decided to extend this review and buy more as these were recommended to me… But before I do go on to my next set of nails I bought some more Elegant Nails, which was different to that last one I had what was like their cheap range I feel, they were a little rounder to the Primark PS ones I tried earlier. I didn’t really get any pictures of how they look as I just didn’t like them from the start, they were a really dark purple, which looked more like black. They were very flexible for my liking. 


When it came to taking them off I think I should have looked at other ways rather than just taking them off. The glue was by far too powerful for the type of nail, they shredded and also took parts of my actual nail off, but also made a mess of my nails. I had to file them down to get the last of the colour off.

Primark PS Precious Jewel Nails & Chroming


Next up to try was the Precious Jewel Nails. When taking these out of the packing these felt better, stronger. I actually like these and the glue was much better. They were great on and I never felt like they were there either, pretty soon I was comfortable putting the washing in the washing machine and even washing the dishes. The best thing about these nails was they weren’t really long to notice much of a difference and I kept these on for most of the day…


One complaint about these is for the gamers. This might not sound like a major thing but if you are a gamer girl and there are a lot of girl gamers out there and many streams also and make a great living off doing it. I was playing a game of Fifa Football/Soccer and I went to pass the ball back to my Goalkeeper and my nail got caught on one of the buttons on the controller so my goalkeeper was tackled and the opposition scored… I wasn’t happy. The next one is for multibuttoned mouse, yes because of how thin the nails and the edges are they hit the next issue because they will get caught in the holes of the buttons on the side and the wheel of the mouse and this happened when browsing the internet or doing random stuff on the computer. Apart from that minor thing if you just plan on using them on a night out then they're fine. For £3 I feel they’re worth it and would rebuy them again.

PS Chroming Nails


These I really couldn't wait to try so I bought them twice… Okay, it was by mistake it was those mistakes that did pay off as I loved these and so did people on my Instagram. They looked great, they felt great on and the glue seemed to work well, they passed all of my in-house test from gaming, hovering, washing up… Even changing the bed sheets and these costs just £2! How good is that?

My biggest regret was not going out and presenting as a female wearing these… To be honest I think I presented as female once when I did these tests but there is a reason for this which will be explained in another post. Anyway, I just love these and I can compare these to the Elegant Nails I wore back in December… I do have a tiny thing, not like an issue but I wouldn’t mind paying an extra pound if these came with a nail file. The whole PS range you get where the nails aren't finished off. What if you’re out and haven’t bought a nail file with you? These are well worth trying and I would rebuy these again. Glue wise you need to put enough on for it to work well and I suppose that is with all the PS Nail range really.

I really have enjoyed doing these tests but it hasn’t half messed my nails up.

The second nail on the left the PS glue tool a bit of my nail off and my nails seem pretty weak at the moment so I shall be resting them for a little while. I think I will be looking into ways for removing them other than ripping them off.


Hope you have enjoyed reading and I will soon have more posts coming soon.

Stay Beautiful

Love you guys

Sarah

xxx

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment