Welcome to our website !

Two genders Two Tails

This blog is undergoing some changes

Caitlyn Jenner Partners With MAC Cosmetics

By 22:35 , , , , , , , ,

Hey all!

Hope everyone is doing okay?
First of all I'm happy to announce that I've now started to write for Miss Transgender UK, I'm still awaiting to write my first proper post on there. I will talk more about it soon at the moment I've been extremely busy and tired to write even on here. I was going to make this my first post on Miss Transgender UK, but after thinking about it I thought it wouldn't be appropriate as I don't want to draw comments that will could be abusive/negative comments to the site which at the moment has got some controversy surrounding The Transgender UK documentary which was on BBC iplayer.  

This topic on here is about the recent news of Caitlyn Jenner who has recently joined forces with MAC Cosmetics. For those who has read my other blog posts where I regularly post about my opinions on her as I'm asked by friends how I feel. First of all I always aim to be fair with my opinions and will try and think about pros and con when ever I write about things that are going on in the world of the Trans* Community.
Anyway just to bring everyone that hasn't seen my blog before how I feel about Caitlyn briefly.

When I heard about the Dianne Sawyer interview I was like okay someone that I've never heard that is huge when it comes to the public eye is coming out as Trans*. At that time I was identifying as Bi-Gender, so it didn't bother me loads and didn't really affect me. I felt great for Bruce (at that time as that was who he wanted to be refereed to the use of male pronouns) but I didn't know he was part of the Kardashian's clan, which I'm not really judging but they're not as thick as people make out, but some of my Trans* friends and some people in LGBT groups was so happy that they was getting this person who is famous, some was like she is our role modal our future. In some ways I thought "Yes a famous person why not?" But I was never convince that she would be this savoir that so many people started to claim that Caitlyn would be.


Vanity Fair Cover
Dianne Sawyer interview


Within two month we get a surprise when Vanity Fair came out with their front cover "Call Me Caitlyn." In my mind it didn't add up, why couldn't she say this in the Dianne Sawyer's interview? Within 24 hours after that loads of my friends was messaging me on Facebook and also when I was at work people was asking my how I felt/ Does she inspire me? The answer was No.

I know there could be other reasons but with that short amount of time I was thinking was this a money maker/publicity stunt? Then it was soon announced that she would be doing a reality TV series called "I Am Cait."  I could see the good part of it, it shows the world about her transition and everything that goes with it but as the season has rolled on has it really? A few of my cis gender friends gave up watching it said it was becoming a joke and not representing Trans* women at all but glorifying the life that Caitlyn lives such as the money and the fame she has. I can't really say as I gave up watching it after 10 minutes as the only reality thing I've ever watch was Bad Lads Army when it was in ITV.  So I can't comment on how the show was but I think everything was done at a timing. After everything was announced at that stage I said that isn't the end and within 12 month people will change their minds on how they feel about Caitlyn. I was right. First it was religious views and then it was political views. Apparently Caitlyn is against gay marriage and is Republican I think? Personally I couldn't care less about the politics side on who Caitlyn sides with. Regards to the gay marriage part it confuses me. As far as we know she likes women, and if she was to go out with another women that would make her a lesbian. does that mean she won't marry because she's against it? It will be intriguing to see if she stands by what she says.

Other issues with Caitlyn isn't this time with me but the Tran's community when she was interviewed at some award show I really can't be bothered going all into it as that part isn't important but she complete messed everything up, where bloggers and the media etc loved it where things was twisted and it the message that Caitlyn wanted ended upsetting Trans* people around the world and it's a community where she wants to be an advocate for. I could see where she is coming from but as a someone as high as her in the celebrity world there are things you should say and somethings you need to think about saying before you say it... Then not blame it on I'm learning. (That part is my opinion)

Finally Free (Name of the Lipstick)

Now onto where I said where she would end up with her own line of product/s, which is lipstick called "Finally Free" and will retail in the states for around $17, from what I've read one hundred percent of it will go to MAC AIDS Fund Transgender Initiative or something like that. I do see the huge positive from this but again I still have a voice in the back of mind saying is this publicity stunt for her and MAC? Is this a stunt for Caitlyn because of her comments in the recent months? Why would MAC give one hundred percent to charity and make a loss on the product? I know this product is limited edition so it won't be around for ever but my biggest question is. Why would MAC not want to make money on this product? (That was a rhetorical question) It' a great gesture but why not pick other Trans* people? Caitlyn is not the only Trans* person that is out there who is "trying" to make a difference... Again we all know why Caitlyn was picked.
Think this was the outfit she wore when she made the "man in a dress comment"

I've always said in my opinion that she's in the public eye to make money from it, for me it's the way everything has come about. Has she put transgender people on the map? I would think so but I feel that she has commercialized being transgender. She has teamed up with MAC Cosmetics which is great as in it shows that companies want to work with Trans* people, but do we need to be represented like this? How it seemed to be exclusive for this  exclusive for that. Why not just say from the start?

For me what I'm finding hard to grasp and my point of this post is. Is Caitlyn Jenner really after helping Transgender Community or just the face where she will make money for herself? For me the people that inspire me are Laverne Cox, Gigi Gorgeous (to an extent) and Brae Carnes. There are many more Trans* people out there that fight for us and are voices/advocates and activists but for me these three are the ones that I look to. I don't really have a problem with Caitlyn, but just somethings don't add up to and I generally respect her but that doesn't mean I have to like her. I don't think she is the all and someone I'm not in a hurry to meet


Gigi
 Laverne
Brae



My absolute idol is CM Punk (Phil Brooks) Click on the Punk's name for my post on Youth And CM Punk.
Punk (Brooks)

Who is your favorite idol and why?
Thanks for reading :)

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment